Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nightmare at the International House of Pancakes

I forgot to post this a few days ago. On Sunday, I made poor Alan go with us to IHOP. Why I selected IHOP, I am not really sure, but I got it into my head that we should do it. Early in the morning, before the Church rush. Well, we were less successful on the timing, but we got there, with a 20 minute wait.

But here is the kicker! I opened the menu and to my horror, I noted that I now qualified for senior meals. At 55!!!

And to add insult to injury, the meals are all named "senior pancakes and bacon" or "senior rooty tooty fresh and fruity" (as it I would ever actually order that outloud). I couldn't do it. Not for the couple of dollar savings. I just couldn't. I admit to feeling about 75 some days, but I mostly don't think of myself as a "senior" quite yet.

Alan pointed out that if I made different restaurant choices (that is to say, ones that are less suburban and chain oriented) I would not have to deal with this insult. Before coffee.

I just had to share this.

1 comment:

Zuzu said...

OMG, you have to use that discount! At Fresh Choice (the all you can eat salad bar chain) they offer senior discounts at 55 too. I think it has something to do with confusing the speed limit with senior status.. I myself am anxiously awaiting the day I can join my local chapter of the red hat society (which I'm told is 50, despite my protestations and pleading.)