Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ch ch changes

The blood tests from the ER included a CA 125, the infamous cancer marker. It went up, not up a lot, but up not down. The handwriting was on the wall and I knew that the chemo was going to change again.

Today I went for the scheduled clinic visit. The medications have changed (so I celebrated in advance with a hot shower, after two months of tepid), and since the new drugs don't have those hand/foot or other weird side effects that is a plus. The downside is the new schedule:

Two weeks on, one with one drug, the second week with the combination of two drugs, one I had last year that causes some of the neuropathy and other nausea and bad side effects.....then a week "off" and begin again. For six cycles, they say. I guess unless this one doesn't bring those damn numbers down either.

But what are you going to do? The alternative is not pretty and so visitors Pam and Brenda (and Jamie, but she left before the dripping started) went to the treatment area and after only four hours from the scheduled time of 11 AM, I got into the treatment chair and started the new process. Everything went fine, I am on steroids and anti-nausea drugs this PM so we all ate heartily for dinner, take out Chinese food and now will soon retire.

More later but this is just is just to let you all know that I am still in there, trying to figure out how to beat this cancer into submission. It doesn't always appear like my team is winning, but I am not going down without a fight. Seriously!

Good night, don't worry and yes, still keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Especially on Tuesdays!

No comments: