Thursday, October 25, 2007

Writers Block

I have been meaning to write for days, there is a lot happening, but the nausea and general state of queasy has prohibited sitting and being creative.

Which is odd, since I haven't had chemo for several weeks now. So why the nausea? I am taking meds for it constantly.

So I will bullet point the highlights. And write more creatively later on. Suffice to say, life kinda sucks at the moment. And I want to spend it in bed, or lying down, most of the time.

  • Chemo is not working, the CA-125 was 702 last time. Not good. Chemo stopped as of last week, but I had already been off a week, so this is now week three of no chemo. But nausea continues. Why??????
  • Avastin not known if working, so that is also cancelled.
  • No energy. No motivation. I feel punk, most of the time.
  • Went to see radiation ocologist for pain control. They will begin radiation in a few weeks, to hopefully "shrink" tumor site and allow better pain control, at least for a while.
  • Will have a biopsy of the tumor site next week, on Wednesday (treat or treat!!) then test against other chemo agents not yet tried to see if one out there might work. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but optimism tempered by pragmatism. So not holding breath either.
  • I feel crappy most of the time, hate complaining, but I do. Not good for parenting, homework, life.

    More later.

No comments: