Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Already?

I had a child free weekend until Sunday afternoon, and how did I spend it? The yard sale, of course, but the rest was mostly spent sleeping or resting, which I still feel like is a waste of time but these days, all I can muster sometimes. Went to see Nanny Diaries on Friday PM, then off to bed. Saturday after the yard sale, I was back in bed, sleeping off the early wake up call.

I have never been one for naps, sleeping in or all that, but these days, it seems all I can do. When I picked up Sofie at 3 on Sunday, by 4:30 I convinced her to take a little rest with me. We both slept for about an hour and a half.

So here it is Monday and I feel like I missed my weekend. I am not quite sure what it is that I would have done (perhaps simply finished reading the NY Times, I only read a bit of it again). But my body is in charge and I felt pretty crappy this weekend, both tired (low red count, I guess) and in some pain. I need to plan more play dates for myself when I have the time off.

I did go to ERUUF with my friend Deb and we attended the orientation together. I have been attending for three years, but never really "committed" to this. I think I am ready, and I am happy that Deb got me there yesterday.

My plan for this week is to work as much as possible for at least the first four days, and then if I need to, collapse on Friday. I don't have the stamina for a full week anymore, not by a long shot.

Oh, funny thing this am: I got up early (still dark) and got showered and dressed for the meeting I am about to go to. I didn't notice until I got out of the car with Sofie to drop her at morning before school that I was in black, not navy pants, and my navy linen blazer. Black, navy, it all looks the same in the dark. I ran home and changed before showing up at work in that fashion faux pas.

I am a fashion disaster, pure and simple.

Sigh.

No comments: