Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Day in the Park

Had to try to share these cuties of Sofie, taken by Jamie today. I was home, loving the alone adult time, spending time with my friend Betty, with whom I enjoy just hanging out, running errands. Finally got the Hanukkah gifts wrapped, and started the holiday cards...but I am only up to the E's. I should start these in October.

Speaking of starting early! I got her camp applications for summer 2007 in the mail and another via email today. Hard to plan for June, July and August on the 2nd of December, but if you snooze, you lose. And she for certain wants to go to Camp Riverlea again, she loved that the most last year.

Sofie's pigtail hair is a great way to avoid the hairbrushing it takes to untangle the knots. The surface hair is smooth but underneath, it could be a total bird's nest. Poor baby, it does seem to hurt to brush it all out, but we routinely go through this torture on an every other day basis at least. I told her it happened to me when I was a little girl. That seems in hindsight to be one of those cruel mom things, as if doing it is justified by having had it done to me. The things that escape my mouth sometimes!






No comments: